Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Fall Weather

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Fall--- It is my very favorite season of all.  I love the colors, the smells, and the weather.  I don't mind that it gets cooler, I Hate winter though--- strange huh.  Fall just has a cozy feel with it that I love.  The food that is inspired by fall weather is my favorite.  Roasted veggies, crockpot 's full of great smelling food and the the desserts.  Apples, Pumpkins and Pecans oh my--- I love them all as you could tell. 

Fall also brings about craft shows-- I have already missed the Fair Grove one last weekend, but this weekend is Ozark's Craft show and I will for sure try to make that one.  It's sad that craft shows are not like the ones that my parents used to be in though...... (cue retro memory music now please).....

Back in the late 70's and early 80's when my parents was really into having booths in craft shows we used to go all over Missouri in the summer and fall.  Crafts were actually hand crafted, not pre-made crap that most people sell now.  People took pride in their crafts and it was so much fun.  We would trade items with other vendors and I would have the run of the show.  A lot of the vendors would go to the same shows as my parents so by the end of the season I would know who was fun and who was mean.  My parents also did my very favorite show of the season which was the Silver Dollar Crafts festival.  I would be able to go and spend all day long at Silver Dollar City with another girl whose parents shared a booth with mine at a lot of the shows.  Of course these days it would not be safe to let a 10 year old have the entire Silver Dollar City park at their disposal, but back then it was WONDERFUL.  I have great memories from my childhood that revolve around fall activities so it doesn't take Freud to figure out that would most likely be my favorite.

I love Fall and will post a fabulous recipe for dinner tomorrow--- stay tuned-- Pork Saltimbocca with roasted veggies and of course a fab-o dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment